Talon Title Agency, LLC is a locally owned and operated title insurance company conveniently located in Petoskey at 932 Spring Street, Suite 201. We offer competitive rates and strive to provide the best service possible, underwritten by First American Title Insurance, a Fortune 500 Company, Stewart Title Guaranty, recognized by Forbes as one of the 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies in America, and WFG National Title. We have built our reputation in the industry by providing excellent service for our clients’ diverse title insurance needs, including:
• Closing and Escrow Services
• Residential, Vacant & Commercial Property Sales
• 1031 Exchanges Services
• New Construction Services
Our professional and friendly staff will handle your transaction as if it were our own. If it’s important to you, it’s important to us!
A: An insurance policy--protecting against loss should the condition of title to land be other than as insured.
Q: Why do I need title insurance?
A: When you buy a home, or any property for that matter, you expect to enjoy certain benefits from ownership. For example, you expect to be able to occupy and use the property as you wish, to be free from debts or obligations not created or agreed to by you, and to be able to freely sell or pledge your property as security for a loan. Title insurance is designed to cover these rights you bargain for.
We Are Committed to Safeguarding Customer Information
Types of Information
Depending upon which of our services you are utilizing, the types of nonpublic personal information that we may collect include:
· Information we receive from you on applications, forms and in other communications to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone or any other means;
· Information about your transactions with us, our affiliated companies, or others; and
· Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
· With closing, escrow, settlement or mortgage lending services or mortgage loan servicing, we may also collect your social security number as well as information from third parties including property appraisals, credit reports, loan applications, land surveys, real estate tax information, escrow account balances and sometimes bank account numbers or credit card account numbers to facilitate the transaction.
Use of Information
We request information from you for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we will not release your information to nonaffiliated parties except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested of us; or (2) as permitted by law. We may, however, store such information indefinitely, including the period after which any customer relationship has ceased. Such information may be used for any internal purpose, such as quality control efforts or customer analysis. We may also provide all of the types of nonpublic personal information listed above to one or more of our affiliated companies. Such affiliated companies include financial service providers, such as title insurers, property and casualty insurers, and trust and investment advisory companies, or companies involved in real estate services, such as appraisal companies, home warranty companies, and escrow companies. Furthermore, we may also provide all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, on behalf of our affiliated companies, or to other financial institutions with whom we or our affiliated companies have joint marketing agreements.
Confidentiality and Security
If you have any questions about this Privacy statement, or our practices at Talon Title Agency, LLC, please write us at Talon Title Agency, LLC, 932 Spring Street, Suite 201, Petoskey, MI 49770: Attention Legal Resources.